Like any other profession, plumbing also offers a successful career to venture. Plumbers are highly in demand in almost every household and somehow this has raised the bar of this profession. Just like engineering, it has different designations or work areas to offer you. For instance- after attaining a plumbing degree, the candidate is not bound to be designated as a plumber only but he/she can even opt. for higher studies and become a plumbing engineer.
But before all this, let’s check out what are the functional areas of a plumber. And those are-
- Pipe fittings
- Bathroom fittings
- Fixing pipe system
- Repairing sinks, water heaters, toilets
- Installing bathtubs
- Fixing leaky bathroom corners or taps
And to be a master in plumbing skills, one needs to undergo necessary courses & attain a degree for the same. And to let you have a better idea about the tenure or procedure of becoming a plumber, here I’ve written a few necessary steps to be followed. Check this out-
- Get enrolled in plumbing high school – Getting a high school diploma should be your primary focus, as, without it, no higher school authority will allow you to study plumbing. A diploma certificate or GED is always required for the same. Make sure to obtain A-grade marks in every subject for easy admissions further. Here, you may be taught math, science, and computers to get a better idea of measurements, stream fittings, and pipe fitting design making respectively.
- Attain a plumbing certificate – Apart from high school; you can even undergo a plumbing certification course where you have to study plumbing for good 28 weeks at least. For a better convenience, plumbing in Parramatta has been taught through online programs as well. Here, you may get to learn about plumbing codes, applied geometry, modern plumbing, pipe fittings, piping print reading and much more. This requires tenure of 6 months to 1 year, depending on the state rules.
- Obtain a plumbing degree – Then comes undergoing a science degree which asks for a dedication of at least 2 years. Here the major aspect of the study is physics which includes- working drawing and layout, basic plumbing principles and practices, safety fundamentals, blueprint reading and much more. Most of the institutes even offer a practical overview for better understanding.
- Undergo plumbing internship – To get paid well, don’t miss on this internship. Usually, it is 5 years long program where skilled plumbers are available to brush up your skills & knowledge. For this, you should be 18+, must have a valid driver’s license, pass a drug test, acquire a GED certificate, and pass an aptitude test.
- Apply for plumbing license – Undergo & pass plumbing codes written test. Apart from this, you must have some experience of plumbing to get the license.
- Higher education – Now this one is completely optional. It is usually done when you may wish to pitch for higher designation like a plumbing engineer. And for this, you need at least 5-7 years.
Pull up your socks to get admission.